For this synthetic assignment, please provide a synthesis from the starting materials to the products.
a couple rules:
1) You can work as a team (of no more than 5 students) or on your own (whatever you prefer).
2) Only use chemistry that we have learned so far in 232/432 (chemistry that has not been covered thus far in 232/432 will receive a deduction in points). That being said, in the past teams/students have really impressed me by coming up with reasonable syntheses using 232/432 chemistry that I did not expect, and I gave extra credit for creativity (one of these students became an organic chemist and had a bidding war break out when they graduated from SDSU with offers from 4 major pharma companies (they are now a medicinal chemist at Johnson & Johnson). So don’t be afraid to think outside the box.
3) Upload a written proposed synthesis with all team member names here. (Just one team member needs to upload it).
4) No need for exact conditions (i.e. saying ‘thermodynamic diels-alder’ or ‘LAH reduction’ is fine.
4) All teams/individuals get one lifeline (ask a question on the discussion board regarding the assignment and I will answer it within reason).
5) There are likely myriad correct routes and you/your team need one.
6) It is the same due time as an exam, but the point of this is to help students prepare for the exam… So I recommend doing this before the exam).
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free: