I will provide you with a PDF file of an article on which you must write a 600-word report. I will also provide you a link to the PDF file of the book in which you have to cite information from.
For your report, I think it is best that you start out by describing the audience and its purpose. Both are tied closely together. What is the purpose of this document? Is it making an outright statement that might influence policymakers (politicians), US Navy officers in the Pentagon, sailors in the US Navy, US citizens, journalists, or professionals in the medical field? If you believe that there is any group that might find a significant use of this document, be specific about the group. For example, say more than it can be used by policymakers. What kinds of policymakers? What uses might be made by this specific group of policymakers? Explain the reasons for why you feel that the audience(s) you designate are in fact the target of this report.
Following this, look at the manner in which the document was written. Describe how the theory in the chapter that I asked you to read informs your response and cite the page numbers in Dragga/Tebeaux where you find ideas that best describe just how they informed your thinking. This chapter is basically about how information in technical documents is organized:
- How does the content come across to the reader because of the way it is organized?
- How is the information broken down into sections?
- How are the sections ordered? Why does this order matter?
- What is said in the report is important, but also, its arrangement and emphasis on certain things are also important
- While you can show how this document works well, I think you can also find some room for improvement in this document by asking and answering these questions:
- If you were to restructure this document, how would you do it differently?
- Would you rearrange it or change the order of the sections? Could you make the main emphases any clearer by doing this?
- Would you decide to diminish some of the content while increasing other kinds of content in “Request for Assistance in Response to COVID-19”?
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free: