Learning Goal: I’m working on a cyber security discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
This battle room is focused on entry level tasks for a network analyst where you will be given trials and reconnaissance, sensor tuning, log aggregation, SIEM queries, and network analysis.
For this week’s project, complete the following tasks:
- From your Project Ares portal, LOG IN
- Click on LAUNCH GAME.
- Select the region NORTH AMERICA
- Click on Battle School
- Under the BATTLE SCHOOL pop-up window, click on START TRAINING.
- Under the BATTLE ROOMS tile, click on ENTER.
- Under the NETWORK ANALYST tile, click on PLAY.
- Wait for the Battle Room to load. While loading, the BATTLE ROOM button will display red. Once the Battle Room is loaded, the BATTLE ROOM button will turn yellow and the center of the disk display will indicate CONNECTED. Click on the BATTLE ROOM button to enter the Battle Room.
- Below the TASKS folder, make sure you click on INSTRUCTIONS to download the Network Analyst Fundamentals material.
- In the Battle Room, under the TASKS menu select task NETWORK TRAFFIC ANALYSIS.
- Complete the NETWORK TRAFFIC ANALYSIS tasks (id:28-55). Make sure to save screen captures of your results.
- Produce a Word document, approximately 4-7 pages long, not counting the title and references pages, plus as many pages as needed for screen-captures, and save it as ITS4211_W3P_.doc
- Document your objectives for your tasks this week and describe how you tackled them. Be sure to include screen captures of your work.
- Discuss any benefits from reading sources in the MEDIA CENTER as recommended in the syllabus and attempting any activity in the GAME ROOM.
- Discuss any challenges you faced and how you addressed them.
- By the due date assigned, submit your Word file to the Submissions Area