Learning Goal: I’m working on a business discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
2.1 Learning Outcomes:
- Describe and compare three major theories of planned change. (MLO 2.1)
- Explain how planned change can be adopted to fit different contexts. (MLO 2.3)
- Critique the practice of planned change. (MLO 2.4)
- Discuss the roles and characteristics of OD practitioners. (MLO 3.1)
- Describe the competencies required of effective OD practitioners. (MLO 3.2)
2.2 Action Required:
- Required Readings:
Chapter 2: The Nature of Planned Change
Chapter 3: The Organization Development Practitioner
TEXTBOOK: Cummings, T., & Worley, C. (2015). Organization development and change. (10th ed.). Stamford, CT: Cengage Learning. ISBN#: 13 9781133190455 (print), ISBN#: 13 9781285800967 (e-text).
- Recommended Readings:
Pregmark, J. E. (2022, February 21). Renewing models for change. The Learning Organization, 29(3), 255–274. https://doi.org/10.1108/tlo-05-2021-0056
2.3 Test your Knowledge (Question):
- Discuss the importance of planned change and its impact on the organization.