Learning Goal: I’m working on a cultural studies multi-part question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Topic: Rwanda genocide (1994)
- What was the main cause(s) of the religious conflict (ie was it political? power struggle? actually religious?)?
- Briefly describe the two opposing religions’ basic tenets.
- How did the different beliefs, values, and attitudes of the cultures add to the oppression?
- How did the outcome of the conflict influence modern American ideas, beliefs, and values?
- Opinion – why do you think religion played such a major role in these conflicts?