Protecting customer data and ensuring it is used responsibly are two of the most important issues in industries today. In order to be competitive, organizations look for employees who can ensure and enforce the ethical practices of data use.
Read case study “Automated Healthcare App”, attached. Then, in 750-1,000 words, address the following ethical questions, making sure to justify your rationale using sound statistical arguments:
- Which laws and regulations might be applicable to the case study (consider recent GDPR regulations)?
- How is ethical accountability being achieved?
- How might the legal rights of an individual be impinged upon by the use of the data?
- How might individuals’ privacy and anonymity be impinged upon via aggregation and linking of data?
- How does one know that the data is ethically available for its intended use?
- How does one know that the data is valid for its intended use?
- How can any bias in the data or in the model be identified and minimized?
- How was any potential modeler bias identified, and if appropriate, mitigated?
- How transparent does the model need to be and how is that transparency achieved?
- What are likely misinterpretations of the results, and what can be done to prevent those misinterpretations?
Then, consider the quote: “The most important aspect of a statistical analysis is not what you do with the data, it’s what data you use,” from Statistical Modeling, Causal Inference, and Social Science, https://statmodeling.stat.columbia.edu/2018/08/07/…
Within 250-500 words, address the following, making sure to justify your rationale using sound statistical arguments:
- Do you agree or disagree with the quote? Why or why not?
- How can one’s personal worldview influence/impact statistical analyses? Provide examples from a Christian perspective.
- Do you feel one can or should set aside their worldview when analyzing data?
- When, if ever, would it ever be acceptable to involve one’s worldview in an analysis?
Overall, make sure to cite three to five scholarly resources other than the text. APA Style.
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free: