4.1 Learning Outcomes:
- Identify the various market entry strategies.
- Highlight the similarities and differences between a domestic marketing strategy and a global marketing strategy.
4.2 Action Required:
- Chapter Name: Read Ch-8 “Global Marketing” from the text book- Dhruv Grewal and Michael Levy (2020) “Marketing” (8th Edition). McGraw-Hill Education, Digital Version: ISBN13: 978-1-260-71743-3.
- Case Study: Read the following Case study-
From a small kiosk in a shopping mall established in 1997, Dr Cafe has become one of the leading coffee-shop chain in the Middle East with over 600 branches in the world. Dr Cafe success has built upon its popularity among young and trendy people and its unique approach of selecting the “best beans” in the world. Between 2008 and 2010, Dr Cafe has continued its aggressive expansion to Malaysia and Singapore with more branches in sight. In fact, in its plans for 2030, Dr Cafe has set its vision to expand globally and increase its network to over 30,000 branches!
The marketing department has been assigned by Dr Cafe’s CEO to investigate and propose possible options for expansion into a completely new area; Europe.
Being a student of marketing management, how you can help to the marketing manager in this regard with the following questions.
4.3 Test your Knowledge (Question):
- Discussion Question #1: What variables need to be considered while developing a list of potential countries?
- Discussion Question #2: Which market entry strategy you would suggest most suitable to enter into the global market and why?
- Answer this question in test your knowledge section.
- Post your answer in the discussion board using the discussion link below
(Week 4: Interactive learning Discussion)
Order an Essay Now & Get These Features For Free: