Learning Goal: I’m working on a marketing discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
In your own words, answer this unit’s discussion questions in a main post (recommended minimum 300 words), and respond to at least 2 peers’ postings (recommended minimum 75 words).
After you have reviewed the Assignment Details below, click the Discussion Board link under the My Work heading above to open the Discussion Board and make your post.
Use these videos for help on how to post to the Discussion Board:
There are two basic types of marketing channels—conventional and vertical. Vertical marketing systems are further subdivided into three types, as follows:
Conventional channel systems form the traditional model of distribution channels. Look at the advertising via the Web site for a brand for which you are a loyal customer. Then, discuss the following:
- What does the Web site convey about its brand?
- How is what the Web site conveys consistent with the brand’s message in traditional media advertising?
When responding to other student’s posts, keep in mind what attracted you to the brand of which you are a loyal customer. What would you add to or take away from the messaging?
Respond to at least 2 of your classmates and instructor as required. Make sure to participate in the discussion through the end of the week.
In your own words, please post a response to the Discussion Board and comment on other postings. You will be graded on the quality of your postings.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Discussion Board Reminders:
- Must have three posts: A Main Post and two replies to peers.
- First post: Either your main post or a reply to others must be posted before midnight CT (Central time) on Friday of each week.
- Second and third post: Must be posted on a different day from the first post.
- Connect to Content: At least one post must refer to course learning materials. See the Academic Resource on Discussion Boards for help with connecting to the content.
- Engaging in Class Discussions: For more information on making the most of your class dialog, review the Academic Resource on Discussion Boards.
|Assignment Criteria||Proficient Descriptor||Points|
|Quality of Main Post
|Student’s main post meets or exceeds the following requirements:
|Response to Peers
|Responds to a minimum of two peers (8 points per response)
|Support from Learning Resources
|At least one post references course resources or library resources.||/4 pts.|
|Response is well-organized, clear, and free of grammatical and mechanical errors.
Posts demonstrate courtesy and respect for others.
|Total||40 points possible||/40 pts.|