College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Human Resource Management (MGT211)
Deadline: 08/10/2022 @ 23:59
|Course Name: Human Resource Management||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: MGT211||Student’s ID Number: S|
|Semester: First||CRN: 15979|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Instructor’s Name: Dr. Abdulaziz Alhammadi|
|Students’ Grade: /15||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented; marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
- This Assignment comprises of a short Case.
- Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
Assignment Purposes/Learning Outcomes:
After completion of Assignment one students will be able to understand the following
LO1: To understand the role of human resources within the organization.
LO2: To differentiate between the major functions of Human Resources and their interdependency.
Read the case given and answer the questions:
Fahad and Hamza own SPORTZ, a medium-sized company that manufactures and sells sporting goods and equipment. They are watching a CROSSKATES video about cross-country roller skates in the LOUNGE. Hamza says, “I don’t know. This stuff looks dangerous! What do you think? Remember that bungee-jumping thing we tried?”
Fahad responds, “Mysha was out a long time with that knee problem. She sure is a good sport. Badar said we were lucky not to get sued for that. Do you think employees could sue us if they are hurt on product-test assignments?”
“Let’s ask Mazen,” Hamza suggests. “That guy you hired as— what did you call him—director of human resources?”
Fahad smiles broadly, “Yep. He sure seems to be busy. He’s pulled together all that paperwork for insurance and retirement that Mysha used to handle and named her compensation and benefits manager.”
“He wants to send Saad and Ahmad to a supervisor’s school for work scheduling, job team assignments, and project management,” Hamza adds. “He started those picnics by the LAGOON for people to talk about work conditions and issues.”
Fahad asks, “Do you think we should let him hire a full-time secretary? I thought Mysha could do that, but Mazen said she has a full plate. Did you tell him to do that employee bulletin board he tacked into the Web site?”
Hamza shakes his head no. “Me neither,” Fahad muses. “Wonder why he did that? Guess we’d better talk to him.”
Assignment Questions: M.M.15
- Which of the functional HR processes can be identified in Mazen’s area? (4Marks)
- Identify the environmental influences important to SPORTZ? (4Marks)
- How do its HR functional areas line up with the overall HR process? (3.5Marks)
- Does Mazen need to do anything else to set up a strategic HR function? (3.5Marks)