Learning Goal: I’m working on a operating systems exercise and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
1. Give an example of computing circumstances that would favor first-fit allocation over best-fit.Memory
2. Explain the role of the bounds register.
3. Describe the role of the relocation register.
4. Give an example of computing circumstances that would favor first-fit allocation over best-fit.
5. Consider the Paged and Segmented memory allocation schemes described in this chapter. Provide at least three advantages and disadvantages of each.
6.Compare and contrast internal fragmentation and external fragmentation. Explain the circumstances where one might be preferred over the other.