Learning Goal: I’m working on a management discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
1- Why do firms compute weighted-average costs of capital?
2- What happens when capital structure changes?
- Is the yield curve usually upward- or downward-sloping? And what about today’s yield curve?
- Explain the differences among various concepts of yield such as yield to maturity, yield to call, and anticipated realized yield
- Describe the situations when licensing is not a good option for a firm.
- What prompted the formation of the European Union? Discuss
- How is corporate parenting different from portfolio analysis? How is it alike? Is it a useful concept in a global industry?
- What are the tradeoffs between an internal and an external growth strategy? Which approach is best as an international entry strategy?
answers shouldn’t exceed 120 words